Reconciling Career and Family Life
The Ferdinand-Braun-Institut is committed to providing its employees a family-friendly workplace. By means of various proposals and individual arrangements, the institute provides both, female and male colleagues, the best benefits possible to support a healthy, balanced work and private life, such as
- individual work options for employees with little children or other family responsibilities, by e.g. flexible working hours (part-time, flexible time-program ...)
- human resources development by re-entry agreements, advanced vocational training during or after maternity and parental leave
- help with child care vacancies by offering a "children’s room". FBH has equipped a special playroom for children with a computer, books and various games. An additional computer enables parents to work whilst their children read or play.
- supplementary service for families by offering advisory service and assistance to find appropriate child-care offers near the institute, provision of reserved places in a nearby day care financed by the institute
- consideration of double-career couples
Already several times, the Ferdinand-Braun-Institut has been awarded with the first prize "family-friendly workplace Treptow-Köpenick" by the district.
We thank Terzio (since 2012 Carlsen Publishers) for supporting our "children’s room" with books and computer games.
Please contact our equal opportunity commissioner if you have any questions or special concerns.