Apply now! The application closes June 29.
Tuesday (18.09.) the summerschool is visiting the FBH.
Apply now! The application closes June 29.
The 3-day KOSMOS Workshop "From Quantum to KOSMOS" includes talks and subsequent working groups on cutting-edge research in the field of optical quantum technology for space applications. It aims at addressing scientific and technical as well as strategic questions. Four main topics form the context of the workshop: Applications of OQT on small satellites, demonstration of OQT, technology development and OQT industry, and small satellite platforms.
FBH contributions at the International Microwave Symposium:
- Modeling the Virtual Gate Voltage in Dispersive GaN HEMTs
- Load tuning assisted discrete-level supply modulation using BST and GaN devices for highly efficient power amplifiers
- Digital Sequential PA for Flexible Efficiency Tuning Over Wide Power Back-Off Range
- An Active High Conversion Gain W-Band Up-Converting Mixer for Space Applications
- Effects degrading accuracy of CPW mTRL calibration at W-band
- Impact of Drain-Lag Induced Current Degradation for a Dynamically Operated GaN-HEMT Power Amplifier
Laboratory tours and hands-on experiments for all ages. As all information is usually given in German language, please switch to the German website.
FBH contributions at the CSW
- Through Silicon via (TSV) Process for Suppression of Substrate Modes in a Transferred-Substrate InP DHBT MMIC Technology
- MOVPE Growth of AlN/GaN/AlN HFET Structures on 4H-SiC
FBH presents recent research results at the Workshop
- Ion Implantation for adjusting electrical conductivity of β - Ga2O3 by Nitrogen and Germanium incorporation
- Reduction of threshold voltage for accumulation drifts in n - GaN MIS capacitors devices by post - metallization annealing
is jointly organized by 'Advanced UV for Life', a German consortium led by Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, and the 'International Ultraviolet Association'. The FBH and its spin-off UVphotonics are represented with several (invited) talks and a booth at the accompanying exhibition.
contributons from FBH and UVphotonics
- Improving the reliability of UV-B and UV-C LEDs - Sven Einfeldt, FBH (invited)
- Compact UV laser systems - Bernd Sumpf, FBH (invited)
- Prospects and challenges in the development of UV LED technology - Neysha Lobo Ploch, UVphotonics (invited)
- Development of efficient and reliable UVB light emitting diodes for medical and material processing - Tim Kolbe, UVphotonics
FBH presents two invited lectures
The FBH presents the following lectures at the German Microwave Conference:
- A 95 GHz Bandwidth 12 dBm Output Power Distributed Amplifier in InP-DHBT Technology for Optoelectronic Applications
- Chalmers GaN HEMT Charge Model Revisited
Die Physikerin Dr. Katrin Paschke entwickelt mit ihrem Team am FBH kompakte, streichholzschachtelgroße Lasersysteme. Wozu die notwendig sind und was sie an ihrer Arbeit fasziniert, darüber erzählt sie im Gespräch mit Inforadio-Wissenschaftsredakteur Thomas Prinzler.
Im Anschluss an das Gespräch gibt es ein kleines Mittagessen und Gelegenheit sich auszutauschen.
Einlass ab 12 Uhr
Anmeldung bis 22.01. per Mail an event(at)technologiestiftung-berlin.de
FBH presents its research results at the world's leading conference for optics and photonics and is also represented on-site at the German Pavilion at booth 4529. The conference program and further information are provided on the conference website. FBH contributions at the accompanying conferences:
- Shifted excitation Raman difference spectroscopy: from diode lasers to in situ applications (Invited Paper) [10509-2])
- Session 4: Plasmonics, Sensing and Bioanalytical Applications, Chair: Martin Maiwald
- Forward development of high power diode lasers [10514-8]
- Extreme triple asymmetric (ETAS) epitaxial designs for increased efficiency at high powers in 9xx-nm diode lasers [10514-9]
- 970-nm ridge waveguide diode laser bars for high power DWBC systems [10514-13]
- Compact deep UV laser system at 222.5 nm by frequency doubling wavelength-stabilized emission of a micro-integrated high-power GaN diode laser module [10516-5]
- Intensity noise properties of compact laser device based on miniaturized MOPA system for spectroscopic applications [10513-8]
- Wavelength stabilized high pulse power laser diodes for automotive LIDAR [10514-25]
- Coherent combining of high brightness tapered lasers in master oscillator power amplifier configuration [10514-28]
- Distributed Bragg reflector tapered diode lasers emitting more than 10 W at 1154 nm [10514-32]
- Spectrally stabilized high-power high-brightness DBR-tapered lasers in the VIS and NIR range [10518-44]
- Progress in high duty cycle, highly efficient fiber coupled 940-nm pump modules for high-energy class solid state lasers [10513-43]
- 633-nm single-mode master-oscillator power-amplifier module [10528-12]
- 10th-order laterally coupled GaN-based DFB laser diodes with v-shaped surface gratings (Invited Paper) [10553-7]
- Frequency locking of compact laser-diode modules at 633 nm [10539-6]
- Pico- and nanosecond investigations of the lateral nearfield of broad area lasers under pulsed high-current excitation [10553-17]
- Influence of different approaches for dynamical performance optimization of monolithic passive colliding-pulse mode-locked laser diodes emitting around 850 nm [10553-19]
- Passive, active, and hybrid mode-locking in a self-optimized ultrafast diode laser [10553-20]
- Challenges and prospects for AlGaN-based deep UV LED technologies (Invited Paper) [10554-14]
- Deep-UV LEDs emitting at 232 nm featuring low contact resistance V-based electrodes on n-Al0.9Ga0.1N [10554-17]
- Impact of defect-generation and diffusion in deep-UV (In)AlGaN-based LEDs submitted to constant current stress [10554-35]
- Thermocompression bonding for high-power-UV LEDs [10554-46]
- Modeling of current spreading in high-power broad-area lasers and its impact on the lateral far-field divergence [10526-52]
- Miniaturized semiconductor MOPA laser source at 772 nm for the generation of UV laser light (Poster) [10535-72]
- Reflectors and tuning elements for widely-tunable GaAs-based sampled grating DBR lasers [10553-33]
- From heterostructure design to package: development of efficient and reliable UVB LEDs (Invited Paper) [10532-70]
- Electrical p-contacts for UV-LEDs: contact resistivity, reflectivity, and aging performance [10532-74]
- Diffraction limited 1064 nm monolithic DBR-master oscillator power amplifier with more than 7 W output power [10553-45]
- Comparison of distributed Bragg reflector ridge waveguide diode lasers and monolithic master oscillator power amplifiers [10553-46]
- 5.5 nm wavelength-tunable high-power MOPA diode laser system at 971 nm [10553-48]
- Comparison for 1030 nm DBR-tapered diode lasers with 10 W central lobe output power and different grating layouts for wavelength stabilization and lateral spatial mode filtering [10553-49]