Visit us at Space Tech Expo booth H20
Visit us at Space Tech Expo booth H20
As all information is given in German please swith to the German website
The International Conference on UV LED Technologies & Applications will take place in Berlin from April 26-29, 2020 and is jointly organized by the German consortium "Advanced UV for Life" and the "International Ultraviolet Association" (IUVA).
Abstracts can be submitted until 30.11.2019.
Visit us at the MST-Congress in Berlin at the joint booth with Research Fab Microelectronics Germany
The FBH presents current research results at the conference and is represented with a keynote "High Pulse Power Wavelength Stabilized 905 nm Laser Bars for Automotive LiDAR". Paul Crump is involved in the conference organization as program chair.
to the conference
The FBH is involved in several contributions to the conference:
- A GaN-HEMT with Floating LF Ground for Reverse Operation in Integrated RF Power Circuits
- A 300 GHz Active Frequency Tripler in Transferred-Substrate InP DHBT Technology
- A 0.5 THz Signal Source with -11 dBm Peak Output Power Based on InP DHBT
- GaN Digital Outphasing PA (Co-Chair of Session Outphasing and Doherty Power Amplifiers: A. Wentzel)
- Packaged Floating-Ground RF Power GaN-HEMT (Chair of Session Supply Modulated Power Amplifiers: O. Bengtsson)
At the accompanying exhibition you will find us at the joint booth B2200 - Research Fab Microelectronics Germany.
Under the motto "From IDays to IDeas", the Research Fab Microelectronics Germany will present new developments in the field of "Microwave & Terahertz" and offer experts, users and colleagues a platform for exchange on topics such as 5G as a technology for communication and positioning, wireless & radar for industry 4.0 and sensors for autonomous driving.
programm and application here
The DRIP XVIII conference will be held in Berlin, Germany, and is organized by FBH and IKZ. It covers all aspects of defects in semiconductors, including point, line, planar and volume defects. The latest advances in defect analysis will be discussed. The conference provides an international forum to present and discuss the correlation between crystal defects, device fabrication and degradation.
The FBH exhibits at the "3. Brandenburger Optik-Tag Nanoelektronik und Mikrosystemtechnik". As all information is given in German please switch to the German website.
Visit us at Laser World of Photonics. You find us at the Berlin Brandenburg joint booth in hall B2, booth 119 from June 24 - 27.
At the accompanying conference CLEO Europe (June 23 - 27) the FBH presents the following contributions:
- Dual-Wavelength Y-Branch DBR-RW Diode Laser at 785 nm with Adjustable Spectral Distance from 0 up to 1.6 nm (Poster)
- Passively mode-locked quantum-well semiconductor laser subject to ultra-short optical self-feedback with nanometric fine-delay (Poster)
- Efficient Tm:YAG and Tm:LuAG lasers pumped by red tapered diodes
- Monolithic master oscillator with tapered power amplifier diode laser at 1060 nm with additional control section for high power operation
- Determination of the residual amplified spontaneous emission in single-mode semiconductor optical amplifiers
- Widely tunable Watt-level MOPA systems emitting at 976 nm
- Coherent superposition of pulsed high-brightness tapered amplifiers
- Wavelength stabilized 905 nm diode lasers in the 100 W class for automotive LiDAR
- Efficient Narrow Stripe Ridge Waveguide Lasers for Single-Spatial Mode Operation up to 2.5 W
- Narrower Far Field and Higher Efficiency in 1 kW Diode-Laser Bars Using Improved Lateral Structuring
- Efficient, High Power Pumps for Mid-IR Solid State Lasers Enabled by 200 K Operation of 808 nm Diode Lasers
- Optimization of 808 nm DBR RW Laser Bars for Operation at Low Noise and High Reliability
- Development and qualification of miniaturized, UHV-compatible optical systems for integrated atomic quantum sensors
- A micro-integrated mode-locked extended-cavity diode laser emitting in the wavelength range around 780 nm
- Polarisation-resolved investigations of the pico- and nanosecond dynamics of broad area distributed Bragg reflector lasers under very high-current pulse excitation
- Continuous wave THz source based on an electrically tunable monolithic two-color semiconductor diode laser
FBH presents two invited lectures at this years Workshop on Compound Semiconductors
- Ga2O3 Electronics
- Vertical GaN Transisors
Joint career and recruiting event organized by OptecBB and the OSA/SPIE Student Chapter in Berlin, aiming to provide a platform where companies/research institutes and physics students/recent graduates can meet, exchange information and connect. The FBH is introduced by Moritz Brendel.
FBH attends the IMS with several contributions
- Session: A 175 GHz Bandwidth High Linearity Distributed Amplifier in 500 nm InP DHBT Technology
- Reconfigurable GaN Digital Tx Applying BST-based Bandpass Filter
- Digital Outphasing Transmitter Applying Wavetable Modulation Scheme
- Highly linear 90-170 GHz SPDT Switch with High Isolation for Fully Integrated InP Transceivers
FBH & UVphotonics are present at the Optics and Photonics international Exhibition. Find us at the Berlin-Brandenburg joint booth G14
The DRIP XVIII conference will be held in Berlin, Germany, September 8-12, 2019. The conference is organized by FBH und IKZ. Registration and abstract submission is open at the beginning of March.
FBH presents a lecture at the Microwave Technology and Techniques Workshop: "On the use of a class-G modulator for continuous envelope tracking"
Winzige Halbleiter-Bauelemente wie Laser, Verstärker, Sendebausteine stecken in jedem Mobiltelefon, in der Supermarktkasse oder sorgen für Sicherheit im Auto. Sie helfen in der Medizin (Augenlaser, Zahnmedizin), bei der Materialbearbeitung (Schweißen, Schneiden, Beschriften) im Flugverkehr (Radar) und fliegen sogar in den Weltraum und treiben moderne Atomuhren.
Unsere Auszubildenden begleiten euch beim Ausflug in diese Mikrowelt. Wir zeigen euch, wie so ein winziges Bauteil aussieht (mit einem Mikroskop, weil die Strukturen viel kleiner sind als der Durchmesser eines menschlichen Haares). Ihr könnt bei praktischen Experimenten eure Fingerfertigkeit testen und erfahrt nebenbei viel Wissenswertes rund um unsere leistungsstarken Minilaser. Und ihr besichtigt die Speziallabore (Reinräume), in denen die Winzlinge hergestellt werden.
Seid ihr neugierig geworden? Probiert einmal aus wie vorsichtig man die kleinen Bauteile behandeln muss, wie es sich anfühlt einen Reinraumanzug zu tragen und fragt unseren Wissenschaftlerinnen und Mikrotechnologie-Azubis Löcher in den Bauch.
FBH presents current research results at this year's GeMiC:
- Crosstalk Effects of Differential Thin-Film Microstrip Lines in Multilayer Motherboards
- Class-G Supply Modulation for MIMO and Radar with Phased Array Antennas
Das FBH und das Ausbildungsnetzwerk Hochtechnologie informieren über die Ausbildung zum/ zur Mikrotechnologen/-in
16.02.2019 ab 11 Uhr
IHK Berlin - Fasanenstraße 85, 10623 Berlin
Eintritt ist frei
FBH presents its research results at the world's leading technology event for optics and photonics and is also represented at at the German Pavilion at booth 4545 together with its spin-off UVphotonics vertreten. The conference program and further information are provided on the conference website. FBH contributions at the accompanying conferences:
- Session: Plasmonic Platforms and Optical Systems, Chair: Bernd Sumpf
- Rapid and adjustable shifted excitation Raman difference spectroscopy at 785 nm
- Session: Advanced Optical Sensing Systems, Chair: Martin Maiwald
- Tailored diode lasers: enabling Raman spectroscopy in the presence of disturbing fluorescence and background light
- High-power-class QCW red laser bars and stacks for pump and direct application
- Advanced diode laser R&D
- Current spreading suppression by O- and Si-implantation in high power broad area diode lasers
- Recent progress in brightness scaling by coherent beam combining of tapered amplifiers for efficient high power frequency doubling
- Plenary Session, Günther Tränkle (presentation)
High Power Laser Diodes: Improvements in Power, Efficiency, and Brilliance
- Single mode 500 mW at 633 nm using all semiconductor master oscillator and a dual stage amplifier
- Miniaturized watt-level laser modules emitting in the yellow-green spectral range for biophotonic applications
- Ultra-narrow linewidth diode laser based on resonant optical feedback
- Multi watt-level picosecond micro-laser sources in the yellow-green spectral range
- The impact of crystal defects on the efficiency and lifetime of deep UV LED
- Tunable Y-branch dual-wavelength diode lasers in the VIS and NIR range for sensor applications
- High-spectral radiance distributed Bragg reflector tapered diode lasers at 1060 nm with novel internal output DBR-grating
- Reliability of high-power 1030 nm DBR tapered diode lasers with different lateral layouts
- Investigation of controlled external feedback on the properties of low- and high-power frequency-stabilized diode laser
- Impact of hydrogen migration on the operation-induced degradation of electro-optical parameters in (In)AlGaN-based UVB LEDs
We offer students of the TU-Berlin a guided tour through the institute as part of Mint Week.
register via TU-Berlin