The Ferdinand-Braun-Institut has established its Prototype Engineering Lab in order to transfer its excellent research results into market-oriented products, processes, and services. This active interface between industry and science provides easier access to state-of-the-art research results for industrial companies by means of functionally-efficient models and prototypes. Thus, FBH takes the step from research modules to operational devices. The practical systems allow our science and business partners to easily test FBH’s R&D results in their applications.
Offers for science and business partners
- Development of demonstrators for specific application fields:
- Integration of research modules and components in portable stand-alone devices
- Miniaturization of laboratory set-up into easy-to-use models
- Practical prototypes integrating power supply, sensors, control unit, and laboratory electronics
- Support during product development, in particular small- and medium-sized companies
The prototype engineering group provides
- Mechanical design, electronic engineering, software
- Initial operation and optimization in electronic laboratory
- Extensive functional testing in in-house laboratories and workshops
FBH’s scientific activities are now supported by systematic device engineering. The Prototype Engineering Lab strengthens FBH’s expertise with regard to industrial and user-friendly prototypes. Thus, development processes will be accelerated and business relationships can be intensified in the long run.
The setup of the Prototype Engineering Lab is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) within the pilot project “Veriplan” (03/2014 – 02/2017). Furthermore, the lab is funded by the BMBF within the project "InnoMatch" (2017 – 2019) in order to intensify the cooperation with small and medium-sized enterprises.